Take it from me, LIVING healthy is a LIFESTYLE! Nothing about keeping trim + looking FAB all year round is EASY, unless you make it so. A healthy diet is essential when looking to live a longer life, have a hot bod and have ENORMOUS AMOUNTS of energy!
5 Tips for a Healthy New Year
- Nourishment :: EAT YOUR VEGETABLES! I do not know how many times I have to emphasize such a simple rule, but VEGGIES are your GO TO when it comes to improving your diet. The amounts of veggies you can eat are UNLIMITED. I said it, unlimited. Fill half your plate with green leafys, peas, peppers, onions, cauliflower asparagus.. Ever hear “Eat more WEIGHT less”? Well my star, eating a rainbow of vegetables and unlimited amounts of them makes for a longer life, a vibrant healthy and youthful YOU. Plus vegetables are so low in calories, chalk full of fiber, vitamins and minerals you are not doing your body any justice by not eating natures wonder food. Have a hard time eating vegetables? Play them up with spices like ginger, cumin, chili pepper and if that doesn’t phase you get yourself a juicer, juice a bunch and take that shot like a CHAMP!
- Soul :: Find your happiness. What makes you smile, what keeps you going throughout the day, what is it that just makes you laugh your buns off? Happiness is a cure-all when it comes to living a healthy lifestyle. You could eat perfectly, workout everyday but be unhappy and that will weigh you down, add stress which means pounds of fat and who wants to live life down in the dumps? Know what makes you happy, find that hobby, that special person, or that HILARIOUS Youtube VIDEO that turns that FROWN UPSIDE DOWN!
- SAY YES :: Add more of the good stuff, so many diets emphasize on foods you CANNOT have which in turn makes you want the “NO” foods even more so! Switch it around and make it positive. Fill your plate with green leafys, lean proteins (tofu, chicken, eggs, turkey) and some complex carbs like brown rice, lentils, quinoa and sweet potatoes. Fueling your body on good foods time and time again will make those taste buds rev up whenever a tasty veggie dish is nearby. Like I said say YES to good foods, fill your plate with the good stuff and within time the “NO” foods will no longer be desired. The sweets, processed foods and simple carbohydrates will become foods you no longer crave and not foods you binge/gorge because it is the “last” time you will ever get to eat these foods.
- Snooze :: Sleep. Yes I said it sleep. Put in those 6-8 hours and start looking at a more youthful, happier and gorgeous self. Not only does snoozin give you better health it also helps you think clearer, recover faster from workouts, make better choices throughout the day, lowers inflammation and is beneficial to your heart. To get a good nights rest and put your mind at ease, I always suggest keeping a journal near the bedside, placing electronics in a room outside of your bedroom and washing your hands of the day. Many of us can not sleep because we have too much on our minds so writing it ALL out can help put your mind at ease. Having electronics nearby can easily distract you from getting a good night’s rest, plus your mind will be on alert waiting for that text or email that never came in from your boss. Charging all of your devices in let’s say the kitchen will put those thoughts far away from what is MOST important and that is your HEALTH! Washing your hands of the day is a ritual I teach to my clients who have a hard time sleeping. Literally washing your hands of the day and watching the dirt go down the drain will put your negative thoughts away and put you in a more peaceful state. Rid of the unwanted UNDER EYE bags and get your ZZzz’s…
- MOVE :: Find your exercise. Not one type of exercise is for everyone. I love lifting weights and taking spin classes but does that mean it is the only way to be healthy and lose weight ? NOPE. You can lose weight and live a healthy lifestyle with any type of exercise, it is all about finding that class or personal trainer you love. Instead of waking up and hitting snooze you should find an exercise you are so excited to go do, a workout class or group class that you CAN NOT wait to go to, even after a long day or even a personal trainer you can’t wait to have kick your butt! With so many exercise programs to choose from pick the one that is RIGHT for you.
All 5 of these steps are going to create a healthier and happier you. After reading this list, I want you to take out a piece of paper and write down 3 vegetables you can start adding to each one of your meals. Everything and anyone that makes you happy, foods you can add to your grocery list (yes, in order to eat healthy you have to have the food to do so), how you are going to sleep more and do some research and find a personal trainer or group class you can do that will make those wheels turn.
P.S If you are in Bangkok check out my group classes and bootcamp HERE <—
Cheers to a HEALTHIER YOU!
Connect With Me:
+To get workouts and recipes in your email go HERE http://bit.ly/1bNWjnJ
Remember YOU can not WORKOUT a BAD diet if you want the ULTIMATE fat burning combination meal plan check out this LINK: http://bit.ly/1bfsATg